This is part four (out of four) for the intro solo (Solo 1) in the song “Rocky Mountain Way” by Joe Walsh. Let’s close the first solo out!
In the next lesson (“Rocky Mountain Way” Part 5), we’ll put the entire solo together.
Here’s how to play it:
- Step 1: We’ll begin with a note on the 12th fret of the D string with a strong vibrato.
- Step 2: Strike the same note on the 12th fret of the D string again and quickly slide down to the 10th fret.
- Step 3: Skip to the A string and play that 12th fret.
- Step 4: Skip back to the D string and string the 12th. Quickly slide down to the 10th fret as we did in step 2.
- Think of these two measures a variation of the musical ideas introduced in part 3.